Monday, 14 June 2010

Carrie's Musings: Ergh, I'm sick, where's the Chicken Soup?

When I was revoltingly sick in 2008, I wrote down the recipe for Chicken Soup and thought I should repost it as it is, of course, a completely necessary agenda item when you are not well. Every time I get a cold, I make the soup. I try to keep some in the freezer for the next time I am sick and not in the mood to make the essential nectar but usually, I can't resist eating it as it is very, very delish! Each time I make it, it is slightly different depending on ingredients in the fridge at the time. The essentials are the chicken frames, carrots, celery, garlic, herbs for the stock. Then chicken on bones, carrots, celery, garlic and herbs for the soup, plus any other veggies in the fridge. This time around I used butternut pumpkin, parsnip, fresh peas and courgette. It's a good one! And really, don't use 58 peppercorns! But DO drink the brandy! :) OK, here's the link.....
Carrie's Musings: Ergh, I'm sick, where's the Chicken Soup?

No comments: