Monday, 24 August 2009

Mondayitis

That little salt shaker at the beginning of the last post is sweet isn't it? :)

I am having Mondayitis, what I used to think was the result of a hard and drunken weekend. But as I haven't had an alcoholic beverage for a month, it can't be alcohol-induced can it? Drat it.

I don't want to turn this blog into a whinge-fest but I feel jolly rotten and have done ever since I started adding foods back in! Eggs are fine. Corn is fine. Tomatoes are fine. Peanut butter is fine, I think. I'm not sure about soya.

Fruit, milk, wheat, chocolate and citrus are NOT fine. I have yet to try yeast and beef. I must admit to having been putting off the yeast.

I have spent the last 18 days with pains and bloating, tired and headaches to varying degrees! I have been up in the middle of the night with cramps, or just awake and consequently like a piece of limp lettuce the next day. I have been a prime example of presenteeism for quite a lot of that 18 days. I'm exhausted and I need a holiday!!! I need a glass of wine! I need to NOT be the designated driver and get blooted! And to add insult to injury, I've stopped losing weight altogether! How is that possible???? Good Grief.

Ah well, on to more cheerful things, I have started to actually enjoy my job, so that is a bonus. In a couple of weeks I will be starting a "Train the Trainer" course, which is what was recommended to me that I do about three years ago and now I have the opportunity to do it, so I am very happy about that! I am always very happy learning new stuff. I am one of lifes perpetual students :)

My plan is to qualify myself as much as possible and move on to another safety job, I fancy engineering of some sort. I started off my working career a thousand years ago in engineering, it would be nice to give that a shot from a different angle. It's getting a bit distressing how many people leave this place, another two this week and both are young and dynamic and will go very far. That just leaves - who - behind?



On a happier note, I have started painting classes again. Folk Art. I needed a creative outlet and somehow just never get round to it at home. I have all the gear - very carefully stored in the garage but unless I have a deadline I don't do anything! Hopeless. Anyway, here are some I did a couple of years ago when I was still painting, before I went loopy :)



I used to do "real" art at TAFE (college) and did an Advanced Certificate in Fine Art, and am rather ashamed of the folk art as a result. It's just cheating really. I am somewhat happier if I take the design and do other stuff with it, which I do do. I want to get to the point where I can use my own photos to make my own designs. It is a bit difficult painting from the dining room table though due to a lack of space, which is why I am back at the class, it's great being there with the ladies and chatting while painting - but it's not really ART is it? :) It satisfies the urge to a degree though, so it's all good. For now. And I do like producing nice painted boxes!



Ending on a very sad note, one of the painting teachers that I had in TAFE died last week. He was young and very, very depressed. And now he's gone. What can be said? Nothing at all. It is horrible to think of him gone. Horrible and very sad. I salute you Tim.

2 comments:

Flibbertigibbet said...

You painted those?
Holy cow!
You should be proud! In fact I insist you are proud!
I'm bossy that way!

I cannot even imagine doing these food tests, that just messes with my mind. How much longer do you have to go now before you end up with your final list of what's good to eat?

Carrie said...

Well thank you! :) On the food front, I am seeing the nutritionist tomorrow. In theory, the trial and test is done. Now, lets see what the chap says.....

On a more cheerful note, I had my first glass of wine tonight, thought I probaly deserved it after the incendiary day I've had (burnt the toast and the rice as well as the fridge) and it was LOVELY :)