Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Ideas needed

There are some very clever people out there, writing the most MARVELLOUS blogs. I love reading them and commenting occasionally.... it does make me feel rather inadequate though and does take my words away.... I have nothing to write, I swear. I am a diarist who writes when anguished. When in deep trauma, I pour out my angst onto the page. When I am happy, as I am right now, there seems nothing to write about and although I am struggling along here, trying to find something that inspires me to put pen to paper (fingers to keys) nothing, but nothing comes to mind. So, that is my excuse for not keeping up with the blog really.

When my marriage fell apart I wrote six complete diaries in six months. I read them again after a year and laughed so hard! Wow! What a blast that was. I might have been in a state of shock and completely traumatised but I was SO FUNNY. I made myself laugh, it was really good, it actually helped a lot, but that was writing for no audience at all, well, maybe I was writing for my ex at one point, and maybe I was writing for posterity at another point, but mainly, I was just letting it all hang out. And that is what writing is for me - therapy. And at the moment, I don't need any. Which is good, obviously, but I am fast turning into a frustrated diarist.

I could go on about the frustrations at work, but that is truly boring and bores me too, I could write about my daughter but nothing is happening there and there is only so much I can speculate without new data to go on, I could soliloquise (yes, checked the spelling on dict.org and it is right!) about the GoffMan, but that would only make everyone sick :o) (is there an emoticon for vomiting? :o), I could write about the fascinating articles I found today on management styles and accident investigation but you know, who'd want to read that? Sigh.

What I need is a good subject. The funny signs I see on the street didn't work out too well, that brought out the god-freaks, so there is another fascinating subject that is apparently taboo. I have thought seriously of scrubbing the blog, but can't quite bear to do that.... too many things on here make ME laugh!

Ideas anyone? I'll just have another glass of bubbly while I wait for inspiration to hit or you to answer with a bright idea. Toodles.

9 comments:

Hubris said...

The "most MARVELLOUS blog": http://www.jeremyrosen.com/blog/index.html
It could alleviate your inspiration blockage?

Dave said...

No, this one is much funnier, you'll like it, promise! Especially "sin synonyms, sin synonyms, sin sin sharoo" - Mary Poppins?

http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

Thank you Hubris, I will check out that blog. Am at work right now, so am a bit hampered, but as soon as I get home tonight... I will.

Thank you Dave, I will check out that one as well.... it certainly sounds intriguing...

And thank you both for reading my blog (whinge-session) and caring enough to comment... it makes me feel all loved....aahhh....don't worry, that wasn't a proposal, am already betrothed to a Lady in a Red Dress! :o)

Carrie x

Hubris said...

No, after more research this is the definitive marvellous blog: http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Try it out, it exhausted me!

Sleepydumpling said...

I had the same dilemma myself when I came out of a deep depression. I just didn't have anything to write about, because I had totally conditioned myself into being creative when I was in pain. And the truth be known... that's my CRAPPIEST writing!

I like to write about things I notice. Things I think are cool, things that make me laugh, things that I wish would change, things that get me thinking. I carry a small notebook everywhere, and in it, I jot down a wee note when something strikes me as blogworthy in the day.

Also, I can highly recommend "No-one Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog"

http://elibcat.library.brisbane.qld.gov.au/uhtbin/cgisirsi/S/ZZELIBCAT/0/5/1?searchdata1=^C566677

Carrie said...

Thanks for that Sleepydumpling. I will definitely check that site out. I have some work to do over the weekend, thanks Guys, it is much appreciated!

Carrie said...

Oh my word! Pioneer Woman! Unreal! That is a Blog and 2/3 all right! Certainly needs more investigating and will take some time, by the size of it, and excellent! Excellent :o)

Flibbertigibbet said...

I had to say, I always enjoy what you write.
I suppose for me, the entries don't always have to be long essays.
Sometimes it's just about coming and telling about something funny you saw, or sad, or inspirational.
I have a little book with things written in, ideas for future entries, even notes on my phone to remind me what I must share with the world at large!
I wish things weren't so busy so I had more time for blogging.

My word verification is: dipsi.
Which describes me to a tee!

Carrie said...

Thanks Flibbertigibbet. I think in the end, I just write what I am feeling, or not, on the day. Loads of potentially funny stuff gets forgotten but that's the way it goes. Sometimes I write and sometimes, I just don't and in the end, it is for myself anyway. I need to get past the point of self-censoring. What does it matter if what I write or think upsets someone elses sensibilities? These are my thoughts and I can write what I like, there are no consequences. Hopefully!