Friday, 20 February 2009

Alien Technology?



Every time I go to the ATM, I live in hope of it giving me more than I asked for. Preferably, I would like it to spew money out as if it was a winning pokie.


This seems too much to ask for, and a bit greedy, so I hope (and expect really) for an extra note or two because the machine got a bit jammed inside and miscounted the lolly.

Why does this never happen? In this time of malfunctioning everything, why oh why are the cash machines so glitch free? Seriously, why? Do the banks have access to superior workmanship? Is there alien technology inside those suckers? Has anyone done any research on this?

I don’t see how it can be statistically possible for those wretched machines to always give you the right amount of money. Just look at the state of photocopiers for instance. You put a bunch of paper in and what you get out, on a statistically countable number of occasions, at the other end beggars belief, fit for the shredder only. The automatic roller/sucker thingamajig takes in three or four sheets at once, rolls the paper around it’s insides and spits it out at high velocity onto the floor in swatches! You see where I’m going with this? You can see the attraction of this behaviour by cash machines, holes in the wall, automatic get-rich-quick schemes? :o)

There’d be no reason for the government to hand out money for Economy Stimulation Packages, the money could come directly from the horse’s mouth, so to speak, the banks!

Therefore, if the bank machine people and the photocopier people were introduced ….. by a community-minded individual for instance, or the PM himself maybe, we would have a much happier situation going on, everyone would be MUCH happier with their photocopier always running true to form and the ATM’s behaving like photocopiers. Because of course that’s what would happen – a merging of technology always favours the worst bit of kit, surely? I’m sure that’s called “Thank you Mr Murphy Syndrome or “Soddit’s Law of the Universe” or something similar?

So, give me the PM’s addy, I’ll send this on to him :o)

2 comments:

Flibbertigibbet said...

I totally love your thinking...
Only this morning my printer shoved out two sheets for every one it printed on.
Although not so long back I went to a supermarket and used the checkout where you do it all yourself and when I collected my change, my note was stuck so I looked and I had an extra note, but I suspect that was due to the neglect of the previous shopper than a fallible machine. Shame really.

Carrie said...

But keep checking! Moral of the story, you DO sometimes get two for the price of one! Excellent. Obviously using a cash machine is like the lottery and eventually, the odds are that we will be richer than we anticipated :o)