Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Reminder to "count your blessings"

I am in pain with my back. You might know this. Bulging disc, cortisone injection last Tuesday, wore off by Saturday, pain worse now than before the injection. Docs appointment Monday.

However, I have just seen an article on channel 9 commercial TV, (I never watch this, so it was a bit of luck that I fancied watching the news this morning and then stumbled across this article). A chap somewhere in Aus had a brain tumour, very young, both he and his wife thought he would die, he had a 15 month old baby and another child as well. Had an operation, successful thanks to Charlie Teo, and three years down the track is now in remission and fund raising for cancer research.

At the end of the interview, his wife said that it is a privilege to grow old. How right she is. It is a privilege to grow old and watch your children and your family around you mature and grow older themselves. So I will stop whinging about getting older and how much it sucks. I will count my blessings that all I have wrong with me is a bulging disc and not a whacking great brain tumour or worse!

No comments: