Tuesday, 21 October 2008

L4/5 Discs, not made the way they used to be!


I don't know, you just can't get quality goods nowadays! Here am I, a sprightly 27 (ahem) and my disc L4/5 is shot! What is the world coming to? Why was I fitted with a defective L4/5 in the first place is what I want to know. Surely a bit of extra cash or effort or some damn thing would have ensured a better quality? Shoddy workmanship! A Friday-arvo disc. "Stop work Lads! Down tools, time for a smoko"! Chuh!

So, today I went in to a very posh hospital (that the Goff said was a hotel and we were in the wrong place :o) for a cortisone injection into offending article in back. General anaesthetic. Lovely. Love those. Love the way you drift off to sleep - no choice in the matter, just Bammo! That creeping tiredness that comes over you just before you Bammo! is wonderful. And then the waking up, and the drifting off and waking up and drifting off and the waking up and the drifting off and the - yes, well, get the picture?

And nurses are lovely aren't they? Genuinely nice people. So gentle and kind. they give you tea and they smile at you and they pat your shoulder - so lovely. I felt quite a fraud though. No wound. No dressings. No pain!!!! Hello????!!!! Oh my GOD!!!! NO PAIN!!! Hahahahahahahaa HA! And now here I am at home, with the Goff cooking lovely meal and making cups of tea..... see what I mean? A complete fraud! Wonderful. He he!

2 comments:

Goffster said...

.......yes, and then I forgot to take the bloody left overs to work for me dinner!

Grrrrrrrr

Carrie said...

I know, I found them in the fridge! Yum :o)