Sunday, 20 January 2008

Paradise

Another day in paradise. One thing that is so good about being a pom in this fantastic country is that the appreciation of the sheer beauty of everything around me is constant and non-flagging. I come from England - the land of eternal rain and clouds, at least in my memory. Reinforced this summer? Goodness, what a wet one and how sorry did I feel for everyone there - I got to go home - they were stuck in it!


The light in Australia is so intense and the colours (as a consequence) are completely saturated with the shadows nearly impenetrable. It is essential for my soul, this sense of space and air and light. This sense of "close to nature" even in the City; this sense of being somewhere so beautiful and fortunate that it makes my heart ache - actually ache with the beauty of it all. And I, ME, get to live here! It's MINE, it all belongs to me! I can go anywhere and it is my country. Fantastic!!!! It doesn't get any better than this.

1 comment:

Flibbertigibbet said...

Just so you know... The rain is currently beating hard against my conservatory roof and the wind is rattling the tiles above my head.
The water in the beck from all the rain is so high that the ducks can't swim under the bridge without risking concussion.

Strangely, I love it just as much!

Loving your blogging ;)